June 22, 2010

Play me, I'm yours.

Talk about a GREAT idea.

My fiancé and I first noticed a random bright orange piano in the park near our apartment last night.  On top of the piano it said, "Play me, I'm yours." Hmmmm, that's intriguing.

Then, on my way to work this morning, I saw another piano in Times Square with the same phrase.


Well, I guess I'm going to have to look into this....

As it turns out, the non-profit Sing for Hope, an arts education and outreach organization, has put 60 of these puppies all over the city.  All the pianos were donated, then fixed up and decorated by Sing for Hope.  The goal of this two week project is to create a public space for music in the city.  Here's the PSA from Sing for Hope...



Enjoy giving those keys a good tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment